Followers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Penny for Your Thoughts

I made this card for my friend Sarn to show her that I was missing her and looking forward to seeing her at Alexandra Palace this September if she has the means to travel down here. I wrote a really long letter to tell her what was on my mind and then made the easel card to house the letter.

The image on the front of the card is a freebie from the wonderful Mo Manning at Mo's Digital Pencil.  I just love her images and the freebie ones that she gives out to her loyal customers every now and again are well worth getting your hands on as they are equally as adorable as the ones you can purchase through her web site.

Anyway, after I created the outside with my mo' image and the various cardstocks used, I then visited TLC and picked up this lovely sentiment (which was also a freebie) that was perfect for the image and then added that to the bottom of the inside of the card.  I then added the adhesive gem flowers and then proceeded to make a sort of envelope for my letter which I then also added to the inside of the card (as you can see in the picture). I then decorated the envelope with my Stampendous swirly butterfly stamp and popped it in the post.

I have entered the card into the Dare U to Digi Stamp Challenge, 'Anything Goes'

Thanks for stopping by.
Fae xxx

5 comments:

mckinkle said...

I love your sweet little panda card, Im in awe of such a fab acetate card - I just cant muster up enough courage to try those!

I love Mo's images too and this is a really great easel card. How lovely your friend gets a beautiful card and a lovely letter from you at the same time!

Keryn :)

Fae said...

Thanks Keryn.
You should really just go for it with the acetate card, they're really worth doing as I love the floating effect when they're finished. They look great. When mounting different colour cardstock I always stick one piece to one side of the acetate and the bit I am mounting it too I stick on the back side of the acetate so that the recipient can't see any glue or DSST.

Hope this helps, Fae xxx

Sarn said...

Hurrumph . . . thought I left a message about this card yesterday!

It is a BEAUTIFUL card Fae and a very novel way of enclosing a letter! I love it!

Michelle said...

Hi Fae
What a lovely blog you have here! This card is stunning, I love your colouring of Mo's beautiful image. Clever fold too.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A really beautiful card. Thanks for joining the DU2DS Challenge this time.