Followers

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Burlesque Butterflies

This is a craft kit I purchased from Sue on Watford Market.  She told me a really sad story about a lady that popped in to buy this kit because her daughter had accidently drowned in a garden pond and the garden was filled with many, many butterflies and now whenever she sees a butterfly she thinks of her daughter.

I bought the kit hoping to make something really special with it and this is the card I have made for my friend Jane, it's her birthday on the 4th May.  The black cardstock already has the butterflies in the bottom corner printed and the larger butterflies are pop-out die cuts. The sentiments are also included with the die cut butterflies.

I popped out a couple of the larger butterflies and curled the wings slightly around my fingers and then mounted them with black foam pads, which also come with the kit (400 of them).

The kit is from Kanban and includes 12 A5 cards, 6 white and 6 black, 12 white A5 envelopes, 2 sheets of white and black pop-out butterflies and 400 black foam square pads.

I then coloured the Kraftin Kimmie stamp with Ivory, Blush, Aegean, Forest Green, and Black Promarkers.  I added white adhesive pearls to the eyes of the feathers and coloured them with the Aegean Promarker and then added emerald green rhinestones to the dancers necklace and blue rhinestones to the base of her headdress.  The mounted butterflies add some definition to the card and I added some clear rhinestones to break up the black, like stars.  To be totally honest with you, this picture is not doing the card much justice but I hope that Jane will be pleased to receive it.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Hi Fae,
I,m sure your friend will really love her card it's fabulous.
Love Cherie