Followers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Neopolitan Delights


This is a card that I have made for the Teddy Bear Stampers Blog Challenge.  Their challenge this fortnight was to create a card using the sketch and the colours were blue, pink, yellow and brown.  Not a fabulous colour combo but I rose to the challenge anyway, oh... and of course, you have to have either a digi stamp or rubber stamped image of a teddy bear.

Initially, I was going to try and make this challenge combine with the Penny Black Challenge too, but I love this little Lili of the Valley bearsoooooo much that I just really wanted to use him for this one. And I think it turned out pretty good. I used my large scalloped circle nesties and created a pink and a brown layer (you can just about see the pink scalloped layer above the brown one but under the white circle with the image) and I stuck them all together.

I then cut some baby blue cardstock and border punched it with my Martha Stewart Doily punch and then added some blue and brown circle ribbon to it and finally I added the flowers with the pearls.  To finish the whole thing off I then added some brown and blue coloured gemstones to the top of the doily punch circles.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Hi Fae, I find it totally amazing how you add the green to your flower images, it's almost like your trade mark, absolutely brilliant. Thank you for joining us at Teddy Stampers.
Love Cherie

Sharon said...

Hi Fae, I'm sorry you didn't like my colour combination, but you certainly rose to the challenge. A lovely card. Sharon

Fae said...

Hi Sharon
It wasn't that I didn't LIKE your combination of colours so much as I'm not a fan of BROWN. But I managed to squeeze some in and I was really pleased with the outcome.

Hi Cherie
I'm happy that you like the way I add my Green to my flowers. I do enjoy doing it so I suppose it could be my trade mark... how funny! I have a trade mark tee hee hee.

Thanks for visiting girls.
Hugs, wishes and fairy kisses, Fae xxx