Followers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Great Bake

Every time someone has a birthday in my place of work they have to bring in cakes to celebrate with members of their department.  This year I was challenged to MAKE my cakes myself and from scratch! Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not the world's greatest cook, let alone make cakes. The nearest I have got to baking is buying a packet from the supermarket and adding milk and an egg to it. Pop it in the oven and it's done! Well... this year I had to make them myself, with ingredients, and following a recipe... oooer I hear you say, but they actually came out pretty good AND they were edible.  I made a lemon Drizzle loaf cake, a chocolate marble cake and some blueberry muffins. AND they were all edible.  I even bought a Mr Kiplings Manor House cake on my way into work just in case, but no one touched that, they all ate MY CAKES!

This is a few photos of my cakes, I was very, very proud of them.
 

3 comments:

mckinkle said...

Ooooh thats so tempting Fae, me being on a diet too and just fancying something nice and sweet to eat!!

Keryn x

Sarn said...

they look delicious! There'll be no stopping you now!

Fae said...

They were delicious, I am now baking at least twice a week. Watch this space for more cupcakes soon xxxx