Followers

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Communion Cards 1...2...3

I was asked to make three Communion cards this week for a colleague at work, for her Niece, as she had looked in the High Street and couldn't find anything 'special'.  I looked online and couldn't find any inspiration there either, and although I have only ever made two Communion cards EVER before, this is what I came up with...

This was the first of three cards, and it was quite a challenge.  Because they are for the same girl, I had to make three really different cards. The image was from the internet, which I mounted onto black mirri card and added some black and white polka dot ribbon.  I then added some white adhesive pearls.  I printed the image off twice and decoupaged the head and shoulders of Jesus and part of his cape, I think you can just about see this in the picture.
I then set about making the second of the three and again, needed some inspiration.

All I was told was that the girl in question DIDN'T LIKE PINK! So this card was made using a rose red and cream background.

I mounted the background paper onto cream cardstock and then added the image, which again came from the Internet and then I added the ribbon and the pearls as before.  I also added a pearl flower to the bottom left corner as an added finishing touch.  The wording was added after it had been mounted onto gold mirri cardstock.

The third and final card was especially hard to make as I didn't think I could possibly top the first two - I really, really liked them both and was really pleased with how they turned out.  Not wishing to blow my own trumpet or anything, but I really felt that these two cards were up in the top ten of all my handmade cards. I was that pleased!

So, onto the third card and this was cream and gold. I had a lot of gold mirri card left over and so decided to keep it simple but pretty.  This card was made with a simple verse and a lot of pearls.  A lot of pearls!

First of all, I ran some cream card through my big shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then I mounted it onto gold cardstock with a very thin border.  I then did the same with the verse.  I added some gold ribbon and some pearls and then the card was done.

I made all three cards Easel cards and decorated the insides to match the outsides.  Jane was over the moon with all three and I hope that Jessica, the little girl celebrating her communion will be just as thrilled with them.  One is for Jane to send, the Cousin card is from Jane's children and the Grand-daughter card is from Jane's mother, who also liked the cards.  A job well done and as I said before, I am really pleased with how they came out, but please, don't ask me for any more Communion cards just yet, I'm all religioned out!!! Below are a few more images for you to see of the cards in black and white and at different angles, but I still don't think that the photographs are doing the cards much justice.


Thanks for stopping by, Fae xxx

No comments: