Followers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Uplifting Occasion

Penny Black...'Uplifting Occasion'. Sarn inspired me to make this one as hers was so lovely, take a look at her blog sometime, it's fab. She makes such great cards. Added three flowers, as odd numbers are always more appealing (so I'm told) and I tend to agree. Used a clear Jelly Roll pen to colour in the lace on the bra to add a little 'sparkle', the rest was coloured with watercolour pencils and the background paper is from www.kellypanacci.com and is called Marooned Daisies (RMKSCB95).

7 comments:

Shaz said...

this is really nice, I like the fact that you have used bold card as background and not a lot of colour on the design, I tried to watercolour this image the other day, but wasn't happy with it, so maybe I will steal your idea.....

Fae said...

Have you seen Sarn's version, it's really nice? I think there's some nice versions on the Penny Black website too.

Shaz said...

I think I need to look at more examples..........

Fae said...

Definitely, the Penny Black website is a great place to look if you want inspiration of what to do with your PB stamps. Same as Whipper Snapper if you've got any of them.

Sarn loves choc said...

You saw a sneaky preview last night Fae - I just finished this card off today with silicone glue for the decoupage bits. DEFINITELY stealing the glitter idea as I LOVE it soooo much.

OK - so I'm just going add glitter, then I'll take a photo and stick it on my blog, so you can see the new improved version!

Fae said...

Can't wait to see it Sarn, will have a look on your blog in 5 minutes...tick tock!

Shaz said...

Tick tock indeed.......I wanna see it Sarn.....