Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snips and Snails

I'm afraid I can't tell you who the image is by as a crafting friend I purchased some stamps off, posted me a load of images from the states of stamps she was selling and I just had to make this card up for one of my friends nephew's birthday. I have a feeling it's one of those ones Caz likes... Magnolia or something maybe??? Anyway, she wasn't selling this one but it's one of her latest purchases.

Mounted onto green card and green ribbon added for dimension. Coloured with pencil (still one of my favourite methods of adding colour) and the writing is my own.

He's not one of my favourite stamped images, but it works quite well on this occasion. Hope you like?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tis great for a kiddies card.....xx

Fae said...

He's cute isn't he? Sarn isn't a big fan of Magnolia's (or Bella's for that matter), what do you think? I sent you a couple of Bella images in the pos. Have you done anything with them yet?

Anonymous said...

No, I have been a lazy girl......Please don't send me to the garage!!!!!!LOL

Fae said...

the garage is full of unwanted stuff ready for bootsale-ing but i can still send you to it if you don't get busy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll get busy, I'll get busy!!!!!!!

Fae said...

hee hee hee (maniacal laugh) hee hee hee xx

Sarn said...

Nutters - the pair of you! Think the image is a Sugar Nellie - but not 100% sure xxx

Fae said...

See, I knew I could rely on you Sarn. You're not a big fan though are you?

Sarn said...

No I'm not, SOZ.

I did start colouring the boy image in that you kindly sent me, but didn't like the result. I DID like the little girl and was pleased with my colouring in - but then I crushed it in my handbag on the way home so it was ruined!

Fae said...

In future, if anything gets crushed in your bag CALL ME!!!! I could've save it for you.

A friend gave me a great tip as I was always accidentally screwing things up or creasing them when rubbing out pencil marks when I draw things... place the paper on an ironing board, tea towel or kitchen towel, faced down so that you can't see the image. Place another sheet of kitchen towel or a tea towel over the top of the paper and take a warm iron on a no-steam setting and carefully iron the paper until the creases are removed. Et Voila! (P.S. I find that kitchen towel works best!). Just call me Anthea!!! Kisses xxx

Anonymous said...

Gee Anthea, you so full of tips!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sarn said...

Now Anthea, DON'T be silly . . . . you KNOW full well I HATE ironing full stop! I certainly don't need a list of OTHER things to iron. Honestly - WHAT are you LIKE?!

PS: Who's swearing NOW??? The garage beckons . . . .