Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Pink and Black Valentine

Hi Girls (and fellow crafters)

Just a little something I thought I would share with you that I put together for St Valentine. I decided to make a card for the Penny Black challenge 'January Sales'.

I bought the Spellbinders Nestabilities (Beaded Circles) and the Martha Stewart heart punch in Watford Market, from my friend Sue, and also the new Card Candy by Craftwork Cards (so glad that Sue has started selling these there too...yipppeeeee!). The Penny Black stamp 'Aren't you lovely?' I have had for a while but haven't used for a long time. Oh, and the ribbon was bought in the January Sales at Hobbycraft too. The lovely cherub charm, was a prezzie from Mum, who got them in Tesco.

So, I stamped the image onto plain white card and then cut it out with the largest of the Beaded Circles Nesties. I then coloured him in with my ProMarkers: Blossom, Rose Pink, Black, Ice Grey 3, Cool Grey 3 and Cool Grey 5. I then got a red coloured pencil and shaded certain parts of the hearts on the bow tie. I then put the three colours Card Candy around the scalloped edges of the die cut image.

Next, I cut a strip of Pink Petticoat white and pink polka dot paper and used my MS heart border punch to cut the top and the bottom of the strip. I did the same with the black mirri card, making sure that the mirri card was slightly thicker than the pink so that both strips of hearts would be seen. Once that was mounted I attached my long piece of 'kisses' ribbon which I wound around the card twice and tied in a knot, once I had attached the silver cherub. I then mounted the die cut image to the whole thing to another piece of the white and pink polka dot paper and mounted that again onto a piece of card.

I then made the easel base. I mounted some more white and pink paper onto some black mirri card and left a thin border around the edge. I then cut a thin strip of black mirri card and border punched it as before. I printed out my 'sentiment of the month' 'If I tell you I love you... can I keep you forever?' from Create with TLC and mounted that with foam pads. Finally, I cut out a white heart by hand and ran that through my Big Shot using the Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and stuck it to the top right hand corner of the sentiment. Et voila! Job done!

I am really pleased with how this card came out and hope you will like it too.
Thanks for stopping by

Hugs, Fae xxx

5 comments:

Sarn said...

Lots of work there and the result is a gorgeous card. x

Fae said...

Ah thanks hon, yes it did take me a while to put it all together. I am really glad you like it xxx

Wishcraft said...

Oh so CUTE, love this Fae :o) Sorry it's taken me so long to visit you, I'm rubbish! Hope all is well with you. Lisa x

Kath Stewart said...

adorable card fae and I love how you used the card candy......thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

heidy said...

Oh I love your card,and all those others too.
Hugs Heidy