Followers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Flowers and Pearls

Hello girls (and fellow crafters)

So... looking for ideas this morning I turned to my trusted 'Inspiration Jar' to help me out. I pulled out the following: 
  1. Use a Recently Purchased Digital Stamp
  2. Use lots of flowers (on DP, Prima, stamp or charms) I used them on EVERYTHING!
  3. Add lots of bling, gems or pearls (or both)
  4. Colour combi is PINK and ... (one other colour)
So... without further ado, here is what I came up with that I thought I would share with you.  I am entering this card into the Passion 4 Promarkers challenge which this week is, 'Let it Shine' (make a card with bling).

The image is called 'Coco and flowers' and is from the Digi Stamp Boutique. I love these cute little bears. They're 99p each but you can buy FOUR for £3.50 so, of course, I had to have them all (thank heavens for pay day!!!).

 Anyway, back to the card: I coloured Coco with Promarkers Tan and Sandstone. The flowers and grass were coloured with Blossom, Pale Yellow, Forest Green, Pear Green and Grass.  The background paper is by Pink Petticoat from the 'Vintage Rose Collection' and that was a freebie with this months Quick Cards Made Easy magazine. Gorgeous eh? I used the Big Shot to cut the image out using a Circle nestie and then made the silver mount with my new Beaded Circles nestie. I then added mini adhesive pearls to the scalloped edges.

To complete the card I mounted some more silver paper to the left of the card and added some swirls, diamante flowers, prima flowers and jewelled brads (which I got for a bargain of 49p from Hobbycraft in the clearance sale). Finally topping off with a birthday greeting from Craftwork Cards.

Hope you like?

Thanks for stopping by on this gorgeously sunny Sunday.
Hugs, Fae xxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so pretty Fae! The bear is so cute! Have a great day.

Sarn said...

Oh that's VERY PRETTY Fae. Well done.

Gro said...

Hi Fae. Gorgeous card. Your image is so cute, and the colours is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs :o)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Fae, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our 'let it shine' challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

coops said...

stunning card fae.i love the sweet image and your colours and details are gorgeous.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx