Followers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good Luck Lianne

Hi girls

Here's another card that I have been doing today. I am entering it into the Sketch Saturday Challenge and here is the sketch they gave us this week to work with.

I decided to make a card for my daughter, Lianne. Although she is only is Year 9, she has been asked to do a Btec exam in Physical Education (which is the equivalent of TWO GCSEs) and next May she will also be doing her Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) exams early. I am really proud of her as she has been working very hard on her coursework and I hope this card will wish her well and good luck. But, because she will be doing these exams in Year 9, there is no real pressure, because if she doesn't do as well as her teachers are expecting her to, she can resit them in Year 10 if she wants to aim for a higher grade. If, however, she does as well as her teachers expect, she can keep the grade and then that takes some pressure off for when she does her other GCSEs in Year 10. Win, Win situation...

I started by laying down the background paper from My Minds Eye (Bright Dots Stack) and then mounted a string of some other co-ordinating paper from the stack onto blue cardstock. I mounted the Tiddly Inks image onto the same blue paper and then mounted some chipboard stars onto the same papers.

The image was coloured with ProMarkers: Sky Blue, Demin Blue, Cardinal Red, Ivory, Blush, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Sandstone and Ice Grey 1.

I mounted some co-ordinating ribbon onto the blue cardstock I used before and then printed a greeting on the printer using Cool Dog font from www.dafont.com.

All done. Hope you like it?

Good luck baby xxx

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Fae xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your digital obsession has inspired me and I have finally cracked how to resize so I am going to have a look around and take the plunge.

Fae said...

Go for it Amanda... you've got nothing to lose (except lots and lots and lots of cash! oooppps did I really just say that?) no only joking (not)... no... seriously... go for it... GOOD LUCK!

Hugs, Fae xxx

Jo said...

Fantastic card and awesome colouring *claps*
Thank you for joining in the fun at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Unknown said...

Love this card - have this image too and enjoyed colouring it up.

Well done to your daughter - I hope she is rewarded with the success she deserves.

Paula x x x