Followers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Mum

Well, I finished my mum's birthday card for my dad to give her, and here it is, the finished project, using the image I coloured in earlier. It's surprising how quickly glitter can dry when they're in direct sunlight. only took about five minutes and then I got cracking on my card.

I used Promarkers: Blossom; Cinnamon, Cocoa, Blush, Ivory and Forest Green to colour the image and then used some coloured pencils to add highlights and lowlights which I then went over with Sansodor to blend it in and then I added just a few highlights with a white pencil. I then covered the flowers, her shoes, parts of her dress and bits of her wings with 'Star Dust' Stickles.

To finish it off I mounted the image onto diamond mirri card and pleated the ribbon along the bottom (I love how this looks) and then added the background pink paper (from Craftwork Cards) and some pearls. Then I added the flowers and the accents in the centres. Job done!

Hope you all like it, I'm fairly sure that my dad will think it a 'special, special' card. You know what men are like, I could've just printed the words 'Happy Birthday Love' on the front and that would have been sufficient for him. But nevertheless, I think SHE will love it.

Thanks for dropping by.
Hugs, Fae xxx

1 comment:

Fae said...

Mother!!! Will you stop peeking at my blog. I should've known better than to put your cards on here the day before, but you haven't been on my blog for ages so I thought that you had forgotton the web address. Stop peeking, that's two of your cards you know about now. Glad I didn't put my own card for you on here yet!!! Naughty Naughty!!!