Followers

Monday, July 02, 2018

World Record Attempt 2018

Happy Monday everyone.

Not a 'crafty' post but something I wanted to share for future referral.

On Saturday 30th June 2018, my son and I took part in the World Record Attempt for the most Land Rovers in convoy... We didn't have to travel too far in my 1999 P38A 2.5 DHSE Range Rover Autobiography (about 110 miles round trip).

Approximately 900+ vehicles took part (they ran out of grill plaques at 750 - so the turnout was overwhelming).  If all 900+ vehicles made it from start to finish without disqualification, it's safe to say that we have achieved breaking the current record, which is held in Germany.  This has yet to be confirmed by the Guinness Books of Records and I am waiting on tenterhooks!


We had a lovely day at Billing Aquadrome in Northamptonshire and, although hot, no air-con, and lots of water, we managed to get through the day without getting sunburnt or dehydrated.  It was thrilling to see so many beautiful Landy's still running and en-masse in convoy. How we all managed to keep going without overheating was a remarkable feat., but extremely worth it.

I'll be letting you all know soon (if you're interested), if we were successful or not (apparently it will take up to 4 weeks to confirm).  In the meantime, here's a photo of my car at the end, covered in dust and thoroughly exhausted.

Have a good week all, and a lovely weekend to come. Me, I personally am praying that we get some rain soon, it's too hot for me and my garden looks like a desert!

See you soon, with some crafty projects I've been working on the past few months.

Fae x





No comments: