Followers

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Techniques with Kit & Clowder

Just a quick note

I realise Father's Day was last month in the UK, but I've just noticed that I didn't share my Father's Day card with you. I don't know why I didn't post it because I was really pleased with the outcome.

I don't know if you are aware, but I am a member of Kit and Clowder? Alyce Keegan does the most amazing tutorials each month for a nominal fee and teaches us so many new techniques. Each class has a pdf downloadable and printable booklet, many 'how-to' step-by-step videos to assist you through each step and sometimes free digital stamps or money off coupons/vouchers to purchase the stamp being used in the class, if you wish (although this is helpful, it is NOT compulsory and the class techniques can be applied to any stamp you have in your library / collection). My most favourite one to date is texturing.  I thought I would make a Father's Day card using some of the new techniques I have learned in the last few months.

I used a digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil - Mr Fixit and coloured the image in with my Copic markers.  I freehand drew on what I thought would pass for a 'six-pack' and chest muscle and then proceeded to add texture and shading to the t-shirt using my markers and the techniques learnt. Added a denim texture to the jeans and coloured in the rest of the image as I would normally.  To add the shaded area behind him, I used a dark grey Prismacolor pencil and some Sansodor which I blended with a blending stump. To add a little more depth, I then went over a small area closer to the image with a black Prismacolor pencil and again, blended with Sansodor.

I then cut it out with a circle cutter and again, slightly larger, with a background colour.  I then printed the sentiment and mounted onto matching background paper.  I then mounted two silver, glitter stars to finish it off.

Hope you like it?


No comments: