Followers

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Flowers All Over

Hello lovely followers, hope the sun is shining where you are (but it isn't too hot - I am melting in my wooden cabin she-shed - and I have TWO fans blowing on me).

Today, I thought my blog needed a little spring clean (i.e. deleting blogs that no longer interest me, blogs I haven't visited in a while, challenges I no longer take part in) when I happened to notice a new challenge over at Allsorts Challenge Blog that looked promising - Flowers All Over, which can be directly linked to here. Anyway, I noticed that the very talented Loopy Lou had her card featured at the top of the challenge, so I thought, as I am in my shed anyway, why not make something 'flowery' and join in with the challenge and, this is what I came up with.

Now I know that it isn't exactly flowers ALL over but, hey, if I added anymore, it would be overkill so, I hope that this is sufficient.

I grabbed a plain white 8" x 8" card base and folded it to make an easel card (as I haven't made one of those for such a long time and thought it was about time I did).  I cut a piece of lilac card to fit. I mounted the lilac onto a cheap silver glitter card (from B&M Stores).  I then printed my Polkadoodles image called 'Ruby Celebrations' - she can be found here

I coloured her with my Copic markers and then I used a CD to draw a circle around the image and cut this out. Using a circle cutter, I then measured and cut a silver glitter card border to match the mounting on the base.

After everything had been adhered with sticky pads, I then added the mulberry and Hobbycraft Flowers around the border.

I then copied the border colours onto the inside, mounted a sentiment with some foam pads (so that the easel would stand and not slip) and some silver grey coloured pearls.

Hope you like it?
Thanks for stopping by, Fae xxx

2 comments:

brenda said...

Such a pretty card and cute image, many thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers all Over' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Wendy L said...

A very pretty card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx