Followers

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Anything but a Card

Hello fellow crafters.  Apologies for taking soooo long to post my entry for this fortnightly challenge. I am soooo pleased to be part of the Forever Friends Challenge Fortnightly Design Team!!

So for my first DT duty, this fortnights challenge is "Anything but a card"

I came up with an inspiration jar! I got an old coffee jar that was finished and washed it out thoroughly. I always keep these old Douwe Egberts coffee jars as they come in brilliantly for storing buttons, ribbons, charms etc. I covered the front of the jar with a piece of white paper that I had printed the words, 'My Inspiration Jar' onto and then proceeded to stamp my image onto it. I coloured it with promarkers and then stamped out the same image several times onto a thicker card. Which I left uncoloured and cut out leaving a slight border.  Inside the heart, I wrote down several pieces of inspiration, so now whenever my MOJO is lacking, I can reach for the Inspiration Jar and make a card using 1, 2 or 3 of the inspirational messages. Et voila!

Hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by and supporting me and the Forever Friends Challenge Blog. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Hugs, Fae xxx

4 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Fae good idea aren't they? look fab too i may have to do this to my storage jars!!

Miria said...

So inspirational, Faye! Great idea, hugs, Miria xx

Sande said...

Hi Fae!

Love your jar! Great idea!

Hugs, Sande x

Sarn said...

FAB!
Hugs, Sandra