Followers

Monday, August 25, 2008

Oriental Spice


This is a card I made for my friends' son, Loren. He really loves Japanese style cards and although I was trying not to make this card too 'girlie' I still decided to go for just plain black and white with a hint of pink. You can't really do cherry blossom in any other colour...can you?

Anyway, I like it and hope he will when his birthday comes around. A friend sent me the stamped image (sorry I don't kn0w who makes it) which I then cut out and mounted onto a white linen base card and then took the stamped image of the cherry blossom and carefully cut around all of the image leaving just a thin white border around the edges. This I then decoupaged with foam pads to give a 3D effect.

I coloured the flowers very carefully with watercolour, building up the colour gradually so that it would have a washed effect but making it quite dark in the centre, again to give the effect of depth. I then added the black and pink flower which I fastened with a pink brad.

Here is a close up of the image so that you can see the beautiful effect of the flowers, which, once coloured, I highlighted with a white gel pen

2 comments:

Sarn said...

It's just BEAUTIFUL.

Julie said...

I have this stamp too. You've made a gorgeous card Fae.