Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sticky Fingers

House Mouse 'Donut Bliss 2002'
Last card of the day... Male maybe, female... definitely.

Anyway, whether it's a male card or not, I had great fun making it.

First, I stamped the image onto plain white card and then coloured in Muzzy the Mouse with my Promarkers and coloured Derwent Watercolour pencils. I didn't bother blending them with the Sansodor as the finished result looked okay as it was.  I then mounted the image onto peach coloured card stock and added some folded peach gingham ribbon pieces (keeping to the 'odd number' rule).  I then mounted that onto brown coloured card stock (although it looks black in the picture...sorry).

I used double sided sticky tape to then add the whole thing to the scalloped base card stock and then inked up a Hero Arts clear sentiment, which I stamped straight onto the base card in the bottom, right corner. Hope you like it? And, I do think I could still give this to a man, despite the peachiness of the colour scheme. Once the whole thing was put together, I then added some 'glossy accents' to the glaze of the doughnut and left it to dry flat.

TIP: Always leave glossy accents somewhere flat to dry (preferably overnight), the slightest dip or uneveness of the surface it is left on, will result in the liquid 'pooling' and the final result won't be as impressive.

Anyway, I hope you like my card and thank you, once again, for stopping by and visiting me today.
See you again soon, I hope.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs

1 comment:

Sarn said...

Very nice card and the glossy accents just finishes off that doughnut perfectly x