Followers

Monday, July 27, 2020

Friends Furever

Hi fellow crafters and visitors

So... it's been a while.  Story of my life really.  It's been crazy mad for me while we've all been on lockdown.  I've been sick, then I wasn't, then I was sick again and now I'm slowly getting back to normal (whatever that might be).  Anyway, I hope you're all keeping well and, wherever you are, you're staying safe.

In the meantime, let's get back to some normality...

I wanted to share a few cards with you, that I have made during the lockdown. Some of which you may have already seen on my Facebook page, others you won't have.

I went to The Range just before the lockdown happened and bought some really lovely, gold foiled 12 x 12" background papers.  You can't really see it in all it's beautiful glory here,  but I have taken another photo (from a different angle) so that you can see how the papers catch the light. It's really pretty.

The image is from www.etsy.com on the Lili of the Valley site.  Fab digi stamps, and an all time favourite of mine, I just love their artists way of drawing and, their images are super cute.  Plus, if you subscribe to their newsletter, they'll let you know when their sales are on, which is even better as, they're reasonably priced anyway, but you get more for your money during the sale season.

I coloured the image with my Copic Ciao markers and mounted onto two similar coloured cardstock and then mounted onto the background paper.  

This is an 8 x 8" card so the image is quite large. But I prefer to make 8 x 8" cards, so this is my preferred size. After colouring, I added some clear glaze to the balloon for some added dimension and to make the image pop a little bit.  As you can see, there are no other embellishments on this card, so I just wanted to give it a little extra 'wow' something.

Made this card for a friend's birthday, back in May. She loved it.  A truly 'pink' girly girl.  She has actually framed it, and put it into her daughter's bedroom, which makes me feel very proud, as she is adorable.

Hope you like the card.  Stay safe and hope to see you all again soon.

Love always, 
Fae



No comments: