Followers

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Well... it's about time

Hello crafty friends. It's been a while, I know... I know!

I hope you have all been keeping well and safe and that you are finally starting to come out of the lockdown with some sense of normality. Its been such a crazy 12-18 months for all of us hasn't it? Things are just starting to get back to normal in the Campbell household, although for some of us, it's always been this way.  

Steve, my hubby, as you may or may not know, is an ambulance driver, so today is just like any other day for him, as he has been working as normal since the very first lockdown started here in the UK. Lianne, my daughter, is also a key worker and Lewis, my son, bless him, unfortunately was let go from his job about six months ago due to struggles at the care home where he was working. So times have been tough for him.  As for me, unfortunately, I haven't had enough mojo to go into my craft room. You'd think with everything on lockdown and not having much to do to keep busy, I would've been in there lots, but unfortunately this has not been the case.  Mum and dad are both disabled so I have been literally giving all my time to caring for them on a daily basis. Because they are both classed as vulnerable, I have been round there daily, making sure that they have everything they need in terms of shopping, cutting my dad's hair and doing various jobs around the house just to make life a little easier for the two of them.

Anyway, enough of my rambling and back to last weekend.  Saturday was the first time (in what feels like such a long, loooooooong time), I went into the shed to make something.

My son's girlfriend was celebrating her 18th birthday, so, as it is a special day, I decided to hand make her card, as whenever they go in my shed, just to chill and hang out, she's always admiring the cards I have made up on my desk or is looking at various projects I have started but haven't yet finished.

This is the card I made for Erin's 18th birthday.  I know it's the same image as the card I last made in my last post of last year but, that's because I already had a few of these particular images printed. However, I decided to use the black, white and red scheme as these are Erin's favourite colours.

The image, as before, is found on Etsy in the LOTV digi shop. Papers are from a pad purchased from The Range of no particular brand. I actually think they are just The Range's own branding.  The image was coloured with my Copic Ciao markers and I added some 3D white felt roses also purchased from The Range. The crystal embellishments were just from a left over stash I had, so can't remember which brand they are,  but they're fairly popular and can be purchased from any craft shop. I have a feeling that these were purchased from Hobbycraft originally or may have even been purchased at the last craft fair I went to at Alexandra Palace.

Anyway, that's my most recent offering. First upload of 2021. I hope to be able to get into the shed a lot more this year, I'm just building up my confidence a little bit more as I feel I'm a bit (okay, a lot) out of practice and just need to start doing a lot more instead of talking about it. Wish me luck?

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards, Fae

No comments: