Followers

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Spiderman, Spiderman

Hello fellow crafters

Another card, made for my friend Danella's grandson, Maison, who is a crazy-mad fan of Spiderman and Iron Man.

I chose to make a card of Spiderman as he was relatively easy for me to draw.  I found some images on Google and decided to go for the simpler of them.  Drew him onto white card stock and then photocopied him several times (so I could later fussy cut and decoupage - you can see the different layers I created in the second image, below.

I then coloured each piece in blue and red, adding some highlights and shading here and there.  Once I was happy with the layers and then proceeded to layer him up, remembering to adhere some jewellers 'invisible' flexible elasticated string to his hands - for his 'web', which I then wrapped around the underside of the actual card mount.

I then added some 'superhero' background paper (sorry, I forget which company produced the pad) and then created a simple star, which I drew a web on.

I printed a personalised sentiment, which I mounted on red and blue cardstock and added a glittery number from my stash and voila!

I was really pleased with the finished version of the card and Danella informs me that Maison was over the moon.  I believe his mum has now framed the card, so he now has it proudly displayed on his bedroom wall.

No comments: