Followers

Friday, July 13, 2012

Pretty in Pink

Hi ladies (and gents)
I made this card for the following Blog Challenges.
 It's the first time I have entered the Cutie Pie Challenge so I hope I meet their criteria. Anyway, enough shout out to the Blogs, here's the card I made.

I made this really sweet card for my grandmother, who I affectionately call Nanny. She has been in the hospital for the past three weeks but I am delighted to say that she was discharged on Wednesday of this week and this is a 'happy thoughts' card for her.

The background paper which I attached to an 8 x 8 inch white base card, is from Craftwork Cards and has a shimmer effect that you can't really see in the photograph. I then cut a smaller piece of pink shimmer card and ran it through the Big Shot to add a patterned texture and mounted that onto black card. The image is from Lili of theValley and the sentiment 'Sending Lots of Happy Thoughts Your Way' is from Penny Black. Both the image and the sentiment were also mounted onto pink card and then re-mounted onto black cardstock.

The N-A-N-N-Y letters have been cut out by hand and I coloured the image with promarker pens. I then added some wedding sparkles (the swirlie bits) that I bought in a bargain bucket at Hobbycraft - I knew they would come in useful for something and they finished this card off perfectly).

I then added a few other smaller bits of bling.

Hope you like it



2 comments:

lis-m said...

hi Fae,
gorgeous card hon,
love those hearts..
thanks for joining us over at Lili's Little fairies challenge this week. Good luck!
Hugs x

Annette said...

Super cute LOTV image and I love the embossed Nanny. Of course I love the pinks too (my fave colour!) and perfect for our challenge this week.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Lili’s Little Fairies.
xx