Followers

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Wonderful Wife

Hi fellow crafters

A friend of my husband's, Mark, asked me to make a card for his lovely wife, Patricia, who's birthday is on 17th March. I was going to go with a St Patricks Day 'green' theme but thought as it was a card from a loving husband to his wife, I would make this instead.

I followed this week's 'sketch' challenge from The Teddy Bo Challenge, supplied by the wonderfully talented Kathy. Anyway, without further ado, here's my card.

I used the sketch provided on the Teddy Bo Challenge blog and then printed off Teddy Bea and coloured her with Umber, Cinnamon, Tan, Poppy, Blush and Ivory promarkers.

The DP is from My Minds Eye and the letters were drawn and cut individually by hand onto glittered adhesive sheets. The little scrolly thingies were cut using a Marianne Creatables template and my Big Shot.

Hope you like it?
Hugs xxx

12 comments:

Gayle Cook said...

What's not to like about it Fae!?!?! It's fabulous....so romantic and beautiful and polkadotty (I'm LOVING polkadots at the moment!!)

FairyD x

Colette said...

Beautiful card, fab colouring, love the papers you've used and the glittery letters. Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this week and good luck! Colette xx

Tammy said...

Totally yummy - Tammy is loving this card so much. Great colours...ones that I can never seem to put together. Gorguss colouring. Thank you for joining us at Teddy Bo. Hugs xx

Wishcraft said...

Adorable card Fae :o) Love this image! Great papers and lettering, and your colouring looks fab. Lisa x

Lisa said...

Hi Fae, Your card is gorgeous! I love the papers and fab colours.

Thank you for joining us at Teddy Bo!

Lisa x

Clairebears said...

Oh wow, I love this :0)
I too love the colours and I think I need to experiment more! I love your colouring in too.
Thank you for entering Teddy Bo's Challenge.
Love Clairebears x

Kathy said...

Fae this is darling!!!! Your coloring is beautiful and I LOVE the color combo that you have used!! The papers are perfect and I love what you did with the sketch! I am sure she will adore her card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Teddy Bo!
:)Kathy

Joey said...

Hi Fae

I love this, gorgeous colourwork on teddy bea and lovely layout.

Joey xx

Helle said...

Hello from Norway..

Beautiful card,Fae!
I'm totaly in love with theese stamps!


-Helle-

Denise said...

Just popped over from Teddy Bo Challenge blog to say that I think your card is absolutely great. I love the papers you have used and the way you have coloured Bea. Hugs Denise xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Beautiful card - am loving Bea in Red - thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo
Hugs,
Debbie xx

XxJULESxX said...

wow another gorgeous card Fae and congrats to you on the win!!