Followers

Monday, November 08, 2010

Heidi's First Christmas

Hi girls, I'm back.

A friend of mine at work wanted a special card for his Niece and God-Daughter Heidi (her first christmas), but after trailing the High Street looking for something special, and not finding anything, someone else at work suggested that he should come and see me.

I told him that I would make him something special and something that couldn't be found in ANY shops. I hope that I have done him proud. I personally think I have nailed it and I am really pleased with the final outcome.

I started off by merging TWO of Mo's images together, Snowman and Kai's Christmas images, in paint.net and added the text using the font called Fontdinerdotcom Sparkly, downloaded for free from www.dafont.com in pink and then I printed the image off. I wanted to keep the card quite pink and girlie and used ProMarkers Blush, Ivory, Blossom, Rose Pink, Cocoa, Pumpkin, Poppy and Cool Grey 3. I then added my infamous spotty background and some glitter.

My next task was to put it all together; I mounted the image onto pink card stock and then cut the border using my Martha Stewart Stars punch and then added some pink gingham ribbon. I mounted that onto white base card and added some of my swirly paper from Craftwork Cards and then added the flowers in the top right corner with my glue gun, to which I added a little glitter. Job done!

Hope he likes it as much as I do.

Hugs, Fae xxx

2 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Adorable card Fae, I love the 2 images together :o) Lisa x

Unknown said...

That is so pretty! I love the two images together. I'm sure he will love it.