Followers

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Welcome Ali...

Well, I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of the family. You will remember that earlier this year we lost our lovely Abi-Normal. She left such a gaping hole in my parents lives that they decided to go to our local rescue centre (http://www.nawt.org.uk/) on the hunt for a new dog that they could give a loving home to.

Ali is a twelve-year-old Staffy who has been at the centre for the past year. Sadly, no-one wanted to give her a home as they thought 12 would be a bit risky. However, my parents being the people they are, decided it would be worth the risk of losing another pet so soon if it meant that they could ensure that Ali had the best things in life for however long she was around. She has only been at home for two weeks and she has already settled in really well. She loves the children and adores my mum, she follows her everywhere, and dad has already started to lose the pounds he put on with not walking a dog since Abi went. She loves her walks over the park and she loves going on the school run with lewis and my mum in the morning and when he gets out of the car, she jumps straight into the front seat like a little old lady. Don't get me wrong though, for a little old lady she is still very sprightly. She jumps straight into my arms when I tap my chest and loves to just sit there and cuddle up when she needs a nap.

3 comments:

Sarn said...

Awww such a cute story. Sounds like the right thing to happen all round. Everyone's happy. YAY!

Fae said...

Thanks Sarn, she has certainly made a difference to our lives, she was definitely meant to be. Just what we all needed right now.

Bev said...

I'm sat here bubbling - WOOHOO for people like your parents who take the risk to give a dog a loving forever home for the rest of it's days. People like this are what make the world such a special place and make me proud to call myself a fellow human being. xxx