Followers

Saturday, February 06, 2010

The trouble with kids...

... is that I didn't get much card making done this week as I thought I would leave it until the end of the week and get some of the less important things done, like hoovering, ironing and other more boring stuff. However, they say never put until tomorrow what you can get done today, and that was proved when I tried to settle into making a few commissions on Thursday and ended up calling an ambulance for Lewis, my eight year old son.

I initially called NHS Direct for some guidance as he was getting really bad chest pains and they, putting the fear of god into me, suggested that an ambulance be called immediately... everything that was said after that was a mere blur and before I knew it, the paramedics had arrived with all their gear, heart monitors, blood pressure beepy things, the works!!!

After SEVERAL hours at the hospital with monitors and bleeps going off every which way but loose and every part of his little body being monitored and poked and prodded, they gave him the all clear but no clear explaination as to why this happened? He is still pretty poorly and his temperature hasn't quite reached normal but they seemed happy to let him be discharged. I just have to keep an eye on him for a few days.

Why don't hospitals ever give a reason or an answer to your 'why?'

Anyway, I hope to be making some more cards soon, I might even get him to help, it might take his mind off things for a little while. Will keep you posted and updated if there's any change but let's hope my little fella is out running around the garden with Harley again soon. Harley is desperately missing his best buddy. Bless x

1 comment:

Sarn said...

Aww, poor little Lewis. Hope he's better by now. Sending hugs.