Followers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Special Birthday (40th)

One of the girls in my office will be '40' in November and she has kindly invited us to celebrate with her at a party she's holding. She asked me to make the invitations for her, which I have agreed to do and so I thought I would make her a nice '40th' birthday card too while I was at it. A bit far in advance for me but at least it's out of the way.
I used the piggy Penny Black stamp as he is just lovely when you build up the flowers and the foliage in the background. I did this with my Tombow pens. The numbers were from Tesco's and the silver glittered adhesive was from Sue (I told you she had some fabulous colours) on Watford Market. The adhesive pearls were also bought from Sue. I added the flowers and mounted the '40' onto the same colour card as the basecard and mounted it onto the same silver glitter adhesive as before.
A close up view. Doesn't the adhesive glitter look pretty?

2 comments:

Sarn said...

Great card hun!

Fae said...

Thanks, I hope Sharon my friend at work likes it too...?