Followers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hallowe'en 2009

This card was made using some things that I discovered in my craft drawer that were purchased (probably) years ago when I first started crafting and never found a use for until now. I decided to make a couple of hallowe'en cards for my friends as they have started dressing up their houses like I do. I have also started making a hanging mobile of bats and witches that I can add to my decorations this year for when the little darlings knock on my door. Ha Ha Ha.
Sarn will recognise this one... the reason we are friends today. I bought this Penny Black stamp (my very first one) from Sarn on Ebay many, many years ago and we have been friends ever since. I added it to the front of this card as he looked so cute and I didn't want to overpower the background. I used my CuttleBug embossing plate of a spiders web onto orange card and then rubbed a black Stayzon gently over the top and then added it to the front of black cardstock. I added the ribbon and then cut out two black trees from the leftover cardstock to add a little dimension to the card. Happy Hallowe'en (a few months early I know but hey, you've got to be prepared..haven't you?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very inspirational, I have never yet made a Halloween card.....

Fae said...

I'll set you a challenge then, it's about time you did and you still have time to send me one...