Followers

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Seize the Birthday (Blog Challenge)

Hello again, my lovely crafty followers

Purely by accident, I happened to come across a new Challenge blog today and, I am so glad I did. They only do birthday cards... YIPPPPPPPPEEEE, which is fab because that is probably what most of us make on a regular basis anyway. They're happy for you to simply make an 'Anything Goes' birthday card for each monthly challenge OR, you can make one using their recommended 'toppings', which is basically an additional theme for you to add to your birthday card.  

This month, for example, the 'topping' is 'Hobbies and Pastimes', which could also be really cute.

That being said, I decided to make this card for this month's challenge, which, by the way, is also the last challenge of 2021. Boo hoo! I've only just found them, and now I have to wait two months before I can play again hahaha, shame but I guess everyone needs some time to themselves over December, as even Design Teams, have to have time to prepare for the upcoming festivities. Lol

So... without further delay, here is my rainbow bright 'Unicorn Birthday Card'. At the time of typing this, I'm afraid I don't remember who made the unicorn digi stamp. I will try to find out and will edit the post when I do, for your information.

I printed off some spotted coloured background paper and mounted this to plain white cardstock. Next I layered some bubblegum pink cardstock, which I first ran through my BigShot Plus in an unbranded spotted embossing folder, to which I wrapped some pink spotted grosgrain ribbon.

I then printed off the image, which I coloured with my Copic Markers using similar colours used in the background paper and finally, added one of my LOTV digital sentiments.

To add the highlights (candlelight reflections) I used one of my Prismacolour pencils to gently shade an area around the 'flame' of the candle, the unicorns face and horn and a small part of the icing, which was then blended with Sansodor and a blending stick.

I think my card is worthy of the Seize the Day Blog Challenge as both an 'Anything Goes' card and with this months 'topping' of 'Hobbies and Pastimes', as I love collecting anything to do with Whimsy i.e. mainly Unicorns and Faeries. Do you think collections count as Hobbies and Pastimes, I think it does, so I'm sticking to my interpretation hahaha.

I hope they like it and, if you would also like to take part in this challenge, click the link here and don't forget to upload your card.

Have fun, take care and be safe
Hugs, Fae

No comments: