Followers

Monday, June 12, 2017

Birthdays and Anniversarys

Hello again, its me... back again, as promised

Here's a couple of cards I've made recently...

This card was made for a friend of my daughter, she was obviously celebrating her 21st.  I love this image, from Mo's Digital Pencil.

Coloured her with Prismacolour Pencils and Copics and added a few embellishments to finish the card off.

Added a few white dots as well, which is something I only usually do if I am trying to create the illusion of snow, but I think it also worked quite well here, overlapping the background colour.  I personally think, it adds a little birthday 'magic' to the scene, or am I just talking crap? Who knows?

Personally, I was really pleased with how the card turned out and therefore was able to finish the card and be happy with it.

You will see from the next TWO cards, that again, I have used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil, and you will also note that it is the same image each cards.

There is a good reason why I did that.  I wanted to show that it really doesn't matter if you use the same image more than once, because there are so many different ways to colour it or embellish it, to create two completely different cards.

This first card is for a friend of mine who has recently celebrated her 40th wedding anniversary, Congratulations to Mike and Dee and her favourite colour is green, so I was sure to colour the image in those colours and add some matching ribbon and embellishments.

Shortly after finishing Dee's card, my son asked if I could make a card for me and Steve from him, as we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this July. Yes, I do have to make my own cards, including Birthday.  My son, bless him, won't buy me a birthday card, or Mother's Day card because, he says, he 'can't buy one as nice as the ones you make mum'... Awwww bless him, CRAWLER!!!

Anyway, because 25 years is also silver, I created this card in a lovely coral pink with silver embellishments and a really nice sentiment.  I think the sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp. The '25' and the 'mum' and 'dad' were die cut on my Big Shot using Dies exclusively from Hobbycraft called First Edition Craft and they were from sets called Male Sentiment Dies, Female Sentiment Dies and Number and Date Dies.

I haven't used them before now, but they were very reasonably priced and although I needed to buy three different sets to get all the sentiments I needed, they have a wide variety of things you could ever possibly need, for example:

MALE SENTIMENT DIES include:
Dad, Son, Brother, Uncle, Grandad, Nephew, Cousin, Boyfriend, Husband and Step

FEMALE SENTIMENT DIES include:
Mum, Daughter, Sister, Auntie, Grandma, Niece, Cousin, Girlfriend, Wife, Friend and Step

NUMBER AND DATE DIES include:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, st, nd, rd, and th

I know what you're thinking, they have duplicated Cousin and Step, as they appear in both the male and the female Dies - yes, this is something they could have done without, but after wracking my brains, I can't think what they could have possibly put in instead.  Also, I know that the Grandad is not how we would spell it in the UK, but I think we'll be forgiven for using it, so I guess for less than £10 a set, it's still not bad.

Both of the anniversary cards were coloured with Prismacolour pencils and Copics and were embellished with ribbons, card candi and adhesive pearls.

Anyway, I hope you like the cards, I'll add a few more later.

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: