Followers

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Hello fellow crafters
It's been a long time since I was on here, April in fact! What on earth have I been doing you might ask? Well, I have recently rescued a Beagle called 'Ruby' and she's a year old. Wanna see a picture?

She was given to the National Animal Welfare Trust because her previous owners decided to get a new puppy and the puppy didn't get on well with Ruby so they gave Ruby up.  How sad and irresponsible is that?  Fortunately, I saw her as soon as they brought her in and three weeks later... she was mine.  We bought her home on the 19th July and it was her first birthday on the 20th.

She has fitted in beautifully to our little family and she now has a forever home with us because she is like one of my own children. I love her to bits.  She goes swimming with Harley and Kimmie on the Moor most days or she goes in the river at our local park.  She loves playing with the kids and adores me and Steve.  I'm so glad I have her.

It is doing wonders for my MS as well because I now have the perfect excuse to get off my bum and go out for a walk, some days are harder than others but I get through it, for her.  I went to Queens Square yesterday and started my Interferon Rebif which I have to inject myself with three times a week but, despite my fear of needles, the nurses there have given me a really cool gadget which means I don't even have to see the needle and I can just barely feel it when it goes in.  It's so amazing what they can do now.  The Rebif is supposed to reduce my relapsing by 30% which is fairly good considering I have had three relapses in the past year. So fingers crossed it should work?

I am still crafting and will post some of my pictures up here soon, I just wanted to let you all know that I was still alive and (almost) kicking.

Take care peeps,



2 comments:

Wattage said...

ah Bless! Ruby looks like she is having a fab time being part of your family. Looking forward to seeing your crafty creations soon

Lisa xx

Chris said...

Hi Fae, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/