Followers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Confirmation Cards

Hi girls, just wanted to share another few cards that I have been busy with this week. haven't made as many as I would normally as I have been to the hospital and had to sort out some stuff from my garage for a boot sale I was supposed to be doing this morning with my daughter, but when we woke up at 7am this morning, yes...7am (I'm cream-crackered!) it was pouring down with rain so we decided to give it a miss this week and do it next week instead! What happened to the gorgeous weather we have been having recently???

Anyway, on with the cards...

I was asked by a work colleague to make two CONFIRMATION cards. Being a non-Catholic person, I didn't have a clue what to do with them, so she suggested 'doves', so this was my rather easy interpretation of them.  They are for two young girls, emily and Maia, for Friday 30th April.

Trish was really pleased with them both so I must've done something right.

I stamped the background with a small heart stamp and stamped it with silver ink. Then a mounted a smaller square of white onto black mirri card stock and stamped it again with the same stamp and same ink.  I then added the ribbon and the sentiments. The dove was added with foam pads and then added three pink adhesive flowers.

I made the two cards the same but changed the ribbons so that the two girls could tell whos was whos.  Sorry the images are are 'shiny' I took the photographs just as I was going out the front door and had already polybagged them up.  Just as well I even remembered to photograph them otherwise I wouldn't have been able to share them with you.

Hope you like them as much as she did.

1 comment:

Sarn said...

Very nice. I'm sure they'll be pleased with them.